GOVERNMENT OF PUNJAB
DEPARTMENT OF FINANCE
(FINANCE, PENSION POLICY AND COORDINATION BRANCH)
Dated Chandigarh the 29th September, 2010.
All Heads of Departments,
Commissioners of Divisions,
Registrar, High Court of Punjab and Haryana,
District and Sessions Judges and
Deputy Commissioners in the State
Subject:- Implementation of the recommendations of the Fifth Punjab Pay Commission—Payment of arrears of pension/family pension/extraordinary pension.
I am directed to invite a reference to Government letter No. 3/23/09-3FPPC/879 dated 17-8-2009, 3/23/09-3FPPC/885 dated 17-8-2009 and 3/23/09-3FPPC/201 dated 22nd February,2010 and to say that the Governor of Punjab is pleased to decide that the arrears of pension/family pension/ extraordinary pension for the period from 1-1-2006 to 31-7-2009 shall vest and become payable in cash in three equal in instalments as detailed below:-
(a) The first instalment shall vest on 1.11.2010 and shall be paid along with the pension for the month of November 2010.
(b) The second instalment shall vest on 1.11.2011 and shall be paid along with the pension for the month of November 2011.
(c) The third instalment shall vest on 1.11.2012 and shall be paid along with the pension for the month of November 2012.
2. All the District Treasury Officers/ Treasury Officers and Public Sector Banks will make payment of arrears of pension/family pension/extraordinary pension on the basis of these orders.
3. Punjabi version of these orders will follow in due course.
(Om Parkash Bhatia)
Under Secretary, Finance (B)
No.3/23/09-3FPPC/1175 Dated Chandigarh the 29th September, 2010
A copy is forwarded to the:-
1. The Chief Secretary to the Government of Punjab
2. All the Financial Commissioners and Principal Secretaries and Administrative Secretaries to the Government of Punjab
3. Resident Financial Commissioner, Punjab, Punjab Bhavan, Copernicus Marg, New Delhi
for information and necessary action.