10 June 2010

Govt of Punjab Circular enhancing D.A. to 35%

No. 3/2/97-1 FP1/290 Government of Punjab Department of Finance (Finance Personnel 1 Branch)
To All Heads of the Departments, Registrar, High Court of Punjab and Haryana, District and Sessions Judges; and Deputy Commissioners in the State.
Dated, Chandigarh the: 21st May, 2010.
Subject: Payment of enhanced Dearness Allowance to Punjab Government Employees and Pensioners(from 27% to 35%) w.e.f. 01.01.2010
Sir, I am directed to refer to this Department circular letter No. 3/2/97-1 FP1/590 dated 14-10-2009 on the subject cited above and to convey that the Governor of Punjab is pleased to enhance Dearness Allowance to Punjab Government employees and pensioners from the existing rate of 27% to 35% of the revised basic pay, w.e.f. 01.01.2010.
2. The whole amount on account of enhanced Dearness Allowance due for the period from 1.1.2010 to 31.5.2010 will be credited to the General Provident Fund Accounts of the employees and shall be treated as additional subscription and interest thereon shall accrue from the first day of the month next to the month in which the amount is drawn and credited to the accounts of the employees. For the period from 1.6.2010 enhanced Dearness Allowance will be paid in cash.
3. In case of such employees who have been appointed on or after 1.1.2004 under the new restructured defined Contributory Pension Scheme as issued vide No:3/72/2003-3FPPC/7280, dated 12.12.2006 and have not yet opened their accounts under Tier-II of the scheme, the Departments are advised to purchase National Saving Certificates/ Kisan Vikas Patras from the Post Offices in the State of Punjab with the amount of arrears on account of enhanced Dearness Allowance in the name of such employees.
4. In case of employees joining Punjab Government service on or after 1-1-2004 and covered under the New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme issued vide No.3/72/2003-3FPPC/7280, dated 12-12-2006, ten percent (10%) of the arrears of Dearness Allowance is to be deducted under Tier-1 as contribution towards New Defined Contribution Pension Scheme and remaining 90% is invested in National Saving Certificates Kisan Vikas Patras to be purchased from the Post Offices in the State of Punjab in the name of such employees.
5. In case of pensioners the entire amount on account of enhanced Dearness Allowance shall be paid in cash w.e.f. 1.1.2010.
Yours Faithfully

(Surinder Kuar)
Under Secretary Finance (S)

No.3/2/97-FP1/294 Dated the 21st May, 2010. A copy each is forwarded to: (i) The Registrar, Agriculture University, Ludhiana. (ii) The Registrar, Punjabi University, Patiala. (iii) The Registrar, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar. (iv) The Registrar, Punjab University, Chandigarh. (v) The Registrar, Dr. B.R. Ambedkar, Technical University, Jalandhar. (vi) The Registrar, Guru Angad Dev Veternary and Animal Science University, Ludhiana.

No comments:

Post a Comment


About Me

My photo
1080 Sector 39-B, Chandigarh, Punjab,, India
formerly Professor of English, Department of English, Punjabi University, PATIALA